Ramadhan is Finally Here

by 4:31 AM 1 komentar


It was Maghrib. I was walking, looking up to the pale-twilight sky, smile was stuck on my lips. My heart jumped like there was a trampoline. I was caughing a lot like I wanted to throw up'till my eyes were tearybut I didn't. That's just how I was so excited.

Ramadhan is finally here.

Forgiveness everywhere. The heaven is widely open. Peace, hope, struggle. The whisper of the good heart, "I'll get through it, I'll get through it." The voices of, "Ntar tarawih yuk." Kids running on the street, playing firecraker (I hope it'd stop, though). Firework in the sky.

Alhamdulillah, I've been waiting so long.

How I worried a lot that I wouldn't catch up this Ramadhan since I didn't do pretty well at last Ramadhan.

Death.

Sudden death is everywhere. There I say it again: I was afraid.

Death is so close, like the air,

and come in a sudden, like growing up.

I prayed a lot that I'd meet Ramadhan: I really want to be better.

And here I am. On the first day of Ramadhan. Because of Allah.

Alhamdulillah.

And, this is the month, this is the chance:

I want to fix me. For duniya and akhirah.

And, friends, I hope you forgive me for all the faults I have made.

I've been forgiving you since the very first day.

==Alvi Syahrin==

Alvi Syahrin

Developer

A dream-oriented person since 1992. Telah menerbitkan dua novel: Dilema; Tiga Cerita untuk Satu Rasa dan Swiss; Little Snow in Zurich. Tak lama lagi, novel ketiganya, yang berjudul "I Love You; I Just Can't Tell You" akan terbit. Saat ini, selain merampungkan novel keempat, dia juga sedang mempersiapkan proyek-proyek untuk masa depan. Dan, satu hal yang selalu dia genggam erat dalam hidup ini: Akan ada sesuatu yang lebih baik dari sebuah kegagalan. Allah selalu tahu mana yang terbaik. Lagi pula, hidup tak melulu di dunia. Kau bisa menyapanya lewat Twitter, Instagram, dan ask.fm: AlviSyhrn.

1 comment: